This article will help you if you encounter any of the following issues:
- You have no ECG recording (the ECG screen doesn't appear)
- You received a poor recording
- You received an inconclusive recording
You have no ECG recording (the ECG screen doesn't appear)
- Make sure the ECG screen is enabled in the Health Mate app by going to the Devices > Customize screens for your device. Click here for more information.
- Make sure you have activated the ECG recording feature via the Tutorials screen:
- Go to Devices > Body Scan > Tutorials.
- Select the user you are willing to activate the ECG for, and then scroll down and select Activate and Discover ECG.
- Make sure you review the Instructions for use, check the Done box, and then select Next. This is a necessary step before ECG can be activated.
- Select Activate to enable ECG.
Note: The activation of the ECG will take effect once your scale has synchronized with the app. To force a synchronization, weigh yourself and wait at least 5 minutes.
- Make sure your scale and handle are cleaned and that you are stepping on the scale barefoot.
- Make sure you are holding the handle from the start of the measurement. An ECG recording will not be possible without use of the handle.
A Poor Recording result means the recording quality was low and the ECG cannot be classified. This may be caused by errors during the measurement, typically regarding positioning and movement.
Some factors that can cause this type of result:
- Excessive movement that causes a signal of poor quality
- Proximity to an electrical device that generates strong electromagnetic fields
- Not holding the handle correctly
- Not correctly positioning your feet on the scale
- A small percentage of people may have certain physiological conditions that prevent them from creating enough signal to produce a quality recording.
You may try to re-record your ECG. Please follow these tips to take a successful ECG when weighing in:
- Please try to stand still during the 30 second recording. Do not move or speak during the recording.
- Your arms must be relaxed, along the body. Make sure that there is no skin-to-skin contact when taking the recording.
- Make sure you are holding the handle correctly. The 'L' mark must be under the left hand, and 'R' mark under the right hand.
- Make sure that you are not holding the handle too tightly.
- Remove all rings you might have as this can lead to a poor recording.
You received an inconclusive ECG recording
An Inconclusive result means that the signal cannot be classified as Sinus Rhythm or Atrial Fibrillation, although the quality of the recording is good. This may be due to various conditions, including but not limited to other arrhythmias or other heart conditions. In the event that your ECG recording is inconclusive, please try the process again following our successful ECG usage tips.
Note: If you have any questions about your ECG recordings, please speak to your doctor for more information.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.