Before proceeding with troubleshooting, please make sure that your mobile device is compatible with your scale.
Note: On Android devices, location must be allowed, either at all times or when the app is active. To check location permissions, go to your device Settings > App > Withings App > Permissions > Location.
If the screen of your scale doesn't turn on, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you have removed the battery tab if it's the first time you are installing the scale. This should wake up the scale screen.
- Remove one battery for a few seconds and then place it back into the battery compartment to do a soft reset which should wake up the scale screen.
- Make sure the metallic contacts of the battery compartment are touching the batteries in the correct polarity (+/-) and that they are not dirty or corroded. If they are, you can clean them with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol.
- Replace the batteries in the correct polarity (+/-) if needed.
Important: Make sure you are using AAA Alkaline, non-rechargeable batteries.
Note: Our products are only compatible with a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
If your scale can't connect to Wi-Fi:
- Move the scale within 10 feet of the router and ensure the network name or password does not use any non-unicode characters.
- If a MAC filter is set on your router, make sure you add the MAC address of your scale in your router's green list.
- If you get a DHCP error, reboot your router and install your scale again. If the problem persists, click here.
- If you get a DNS error, reboot your router and start install your scale again. If the problem persists, click here.
- If you get an HTTP error, make sure your Wi-Fi network doesn't require you to enter a password on a webpage (for free or shared Wi-Fi networks) or that it's not behind a proxy.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 2, make sure you entered the right password.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 3, 4 or 5, try to get closer to your router and install your scale again.
Make sure you are not using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network as it is not supported by the scale.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 6, reboot your router, make sure it authorizes new products to connect, and install your scale again.
- For other issues, try to force the firmware update.
Important: Due to local regulations on Wi-Fi devices, Bluetooth should be used to set up your scale in the following countries:
Andorra, Antartica, Bouvet Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Greenland, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Iran, Republic of Korea, Marshall Islands, Palestine, State of Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sudan, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Syrian Arab Republic, Timor-Leste, Tokelau
If the setup process fails for any other reason:
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your mobile device.
- Make sure that you keep the app open during the installation process.
- Make sure that the screen of your mobile device stays on during the installation process.
- Keep your scale close to your mobile device during the installation process.
- Check if your Body Smart has already been paired with your mobile device. To do so, go to the Settings of your mobile device, select Bluetooth and locate your scale in the list of devices. Select the small icon to the right of the scale and select the option to Forget/Unpair the device. Try to install your scale again.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.