- The Modes menu and Weight-Only Mode are currently only available for the Body Comp Color version. They will become available for the Monochrome version shortly. Click here to learn more about the different Body Comp versions.
- This mode is also known as Pacemaker Safety Mode in the Withings app for Android.
The Body Comp circulates a small electrical signal in your body to perform its Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) measurements, which can interfere with a pacemaker or other medically implanted device. This is why Withings does not recommend using our BIA features if you have a pacemaker.
The Weight-Only Mode allows you to disable all impedance-based tech on the scale so you can use our scales completely safely if you have a medical implant.
The following features will be disabled when you enable Weight-Only Mode:
- Body Composition
- Body fat
- Muscle mass
- Bone mass
- Water mass
- Electrodermal/Nerve activity
We recommend enabling Weight-Only Mode if you have the following:
- A pacemaker
- A metallic implant such as an intramedullary rod, especially if it is located in the lower limbs
Note: Please consult your doctor before choosing to enable or disable Weight-Only Mode if you have a metallic implant.
Note on stents: Stents will not affect the measurement and do not pose a risk to the use of the Body Comp BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis).
To enable Weight-Only Mode:
- Open the Withings app.
- Tap Devices.
- Find your scale and select Modes.
- Select Weight-Only Mode.
- Select Enable Weight-Only Mode.
Note: When you activate Weight-Only Mode, BIA-based features will be deactivated for all the users of all accounts that are linked to the scale.