Please follow the guidelines below in order to have a reliable sleep apnea measurement:
- Position the sensor sideways under your mattress. It needs to have full contact with both the mattress and the box spring/bed platform.
- Place a flat, sturdy object (like cardboard, for instance) between the frame and the sensor if you have a slatted frame.
- Place the sensor at chest/heart level.
- Make sure that the sensor covers at best your sleep zone when tossing and turning.
- Make sure that the sensor is plugged into a power socket, using the provided adapter. If it is not the case, connect your Sleep / Sleep Analyzer and wait for 10 minutes before going in bed. Do not put heavy objects on the bed when the sensor is not in use.
- Try to sleep for at least 5 hours to see your results in the morning.
- Note that factory resetting your Sleep / Sleep Analyzer deactivates the sleep apnea feature. To reactivate the sleep apnea feature, open the Health Mate app and go to Devices > Sleep / Sleep Analyzer > Activate sleep apnea. (EU users only)
- Note for EU Sleep users: Sleep needs to be plugged into a power socket, using the provided adapter. You also need to have the latest version of the Health Mate app to activate the sleep apnea feature. Make sure that you activate the sleep apnea feature by going to Devices > Sleep > Activate sleep apnea.