Important Note regarding ECG function for ScanWatches purchased in the US:
You will only be able to activate the ECG function with a valid US phone number and state of residence if you purchased a ScanWatch 2 from a retail outlet or online store based in the US. Details can be found below.
Disclaimer: Due to health regulations and clearances, some ScanWatch 2 features may not be available or may not have clinical validation in your region. Learn more.
US users must follow a different installation process to activate the ECG feature. The activation process for the ‘Scan Monitor’ (ie. ECG feature) will be performed under the care of a board-certified cardiologist. This means that a board-certified cardiologist will review the first ECG recording acquired using the watch. After the review and validation of the ECG by the board-certified cardiologist, the feature will be unlocked for continued use. This ECG review is handled automatically directly through the Withings app when completing the ECG tutorial and comes at no additional cost.
To start the activation process and receive permission to use the ‘Scan Monitor’ ECG feature going forward, please perform the following steps:
- Tap Activate to perform your first ECG.
Through the tutorial, you will also be presented with indications for use. You will also need to provide information about your state of residence to continue.
- Read the information about the ECG feature carefully.
- Fill in your state of residence.
Note: this information will help Withings comply with each state’s regulations.
- As Withings is working with our dedicated partner Heartbeat Health to enable ECG use on ScanWatch 2, you will need to give them permission to retrieve and analyze your first ECG data.
- Depending on the state you live in, you will also be asked to fill in a telephone number in order for our partner Heartbeat Health to contact you if needed. Your phone number will be used for authentication later in the process and in the case you would like a physician to contact you regarding the ECG feature. This is required for Withings to ensure compliance with Rx regulations.
- You are now ready to take your first measurement!
Simply follow the tutorial on the screen.
- Once the ECG is complete, the data is sent off to Heartbeat Health where they will review your data and enable access to the ECG feature.
- You’re all set!
Note: if you come across the following screen during the process, take a screenshot and save it for us. Reach out to our support team by clicking the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.