A little friendly competition can help you stay motivated on your wellness journey. The Leaderboard supports this by bringing a social dimension to meeting and exceeding your activity goals. You can add your friends and family to your Leaderboard and compete with them to be the one who walks the most every week.
It also doesn’t matter if they have a Withings product or not: you can add anyone as long as they have the Withings App on their smartphone, thanks to the in-app tracking feature that can track steps using their smartphone hardware.
Inviting someone to your Leaderboard
To invite someone to your Leaderboard, follow these steps:
- Open the Withings app.
- In the Home tab, scroll down and tap the 'Leaderboard' card.
- If your Leaderboad is empty, tap the Invite button in the middle of the screen.
Otherwise, tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select how you want to send your invitation.
Several options are available, including using a Friendship/QR code (instructions below), text message, email, or social media sharing.
- The new participant must then click on the link you sent and accept the invitation to join your leaderboard to appear on your list.
To invite someone to your Leaderboard via Friendship/QR code, follow these steps:
- From within the Leaderboard screen, tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- To have a friend scan your Friendship/QR code, tap My friendship code.
This will display your code on your phone which can be scanned by a friend using their Withings app.
- To scan another's Friendship/QR code, tap Scan my friend's code.
Your camera will be activated and ready to scan your friend's code.
Interacting with someone in your Leaderboard
Adding a social component to your activity tracking is a great way to stay motivated
and push your limits.
Once you have friends in your leaderboard, you can interact with them by tapping their name and selecting one of the three actions available:
- Send a thumbs up to encourage them,
- Send a thumbs down to show off,
- Message to chat with them.
Removing someone from your Leaderboard
To remove someone from your Leaderboard, follow these steps:
- Go to the Leaderboard screen.
- Tap and hold on the user you want to remove.
- Tap Yes to confirm.