Why is there an Athlete mode?
For users with a certain body type, our regular algorithm may provide an inaccurate Fat Mass measurement. When Athlete mode is enabled, an alternate algorithm is used to calculate Fat Mass for that user's measurements.
How can I tell if I should use Athlete mode?
If you work out more than 8 hours a week and have a resting heart rate below 60 bpm, you may need to use the Athlete mode.
What effect will enabling Athlete mode have on my Body Composition measurements?
When Athlete mode is enabled, Fat Mass measurement values will be lower and muscle mass measurement values will be higher because the user's athletic body type is taken into account.
To activate the Athlete mode, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Go to Profile.
- Tap your name under your profile picture.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Athlete.
- Tap Save.
You can also activate Athlete mode from the Health Mate Online Dashboard.
- Log into the Online Dashboard.
- Click on the Menu icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the user you would like to change to Athlete mode.
- Click the menu option Mode and select Athlete.
Note: When you turn Athlete mode on or off, you must take 2 to 3 measurements or wait 24 hours for the changes to take effect.