Why is there an Athlete mode?
For users with a certain body type, our regular algorithm may provide an inaccurate Fat Mass measurement. When Athlete mode is enabled, an alternate algorithm is used to calculate Fat Mass for that user's measurements.
How can I tell if I should use Athlete mode?
Athletes generally have a different body type which requires a specific fat mass calculation algorithm. If you work out more than 8 hours a week and have a resting heart rate below 60 bpm, you may need to use the Athlete mode.
When you turn the Athlete mode on or off, you must take 2 to 3 measurements or wait 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
Note: If you know your fat mass based on a DEXA scan or similar medical test, we recommend that you measure your fat mass using the regular mode and the Athlete mode. Then, choose the mode which best matches the results of your DEXA scan.
What effect will enabling Athlete mode have on my Body Composition measurements?
When Athlete mode is enabled, Fat Mass measurement values will be lower and muscle mass measurement values will be higher because the user's athletic body type is taken into account.
To activate the Athlete mode, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Go to Profile.
- Tap on the cogwheel at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap Edit profile.
- Scroll down and enable the Athlete mode.
- Tap on the checkmark at the top right corner of your screen to save.
You can also activate Athlete mode from the Health Mate Online Dashboard.
- Log into the Online Dashboard.
- Click on the icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the user you would like to change to Athlete mode.
- Click the menu option Mode and select Athlete.
Note: When you turn the Athlete mode on or off, you must take 2 to 3 measurements or wait 24 hours for the changes to take effect.