This article will help you if you encounter any of the following issues:
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, please make sure that your mobile device is compatible with your Thermo.
- Make sure your Thermo is close enough to your mobile device (10 m/30 ft.).
- Make sure your mobile device is BLE compatible.
- Disable and re-enable Bluetooth on your mobile device, if necessary.
- Go to the Settings of your mobile device, select Bluetooth and check if your Thermo appears in the list of devices. If so, select the small icon to the right of the Thermo and select the option to Forget or Remove the device.
Starting with Android 6 Marshmallow, Android devices require location services to be enabled in order to detect and connect to Bluetooth devices via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). As such, you must enable location services on your Android device in order to install and sync your Thermo. For more information about Android’s permission requirements, see Google's Android 6.0 Changes document.
If the display of your Thermo doesn't turn on, or if it turns off right after displaying "SETUP", make sure the batteries work properly. You can try using new batteries to see if that's where the issue comes from.
If your Thermo can't connect to Wi-Fi, perform the following steps:
- If you get a DHCP error, reboot your router and start installing it again. If the problem persists, click here.
- If you get a DNS error, reboot your router and start installing it again. If the problem persists, click here.
- If you get an HTTP error, make sure your Wi-Fi network doesn't require to enter a password on a webpage (for free or shared Wi-Fi networks) or that it's not behind a proxy.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 2, make sure you entered the right password.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 3, 4 or 5, try to get closer to your router and start installing it again.
Make sure you're not using a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network as it is not supported by the Thermo.
- If you get a Wi-Fi error 6, reboot your router, make sure it authorizes new products to connect, and start installing it again.
- If a MAC filter is set on your router, make sure you add the MAC address of your Thermo in your router's white list.
Due to local regulations on Wi-Fi devices, Bluetooth should be used to set up your Thermo in the following countries:
Andorra, Antartica, Bouvet Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Greenland, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Iran, Republic of Korea, Marshall Islands, Palestine, State of Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sudan, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Syrian Arab Republic, Timor-Leste, Tokelau
If the setup process fails:
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your mobile device.
- Make sure that you keep the app open during the installation process.
- Make sure that the screen of your mobile device stays on during the installation process.
- Keep your Thermo close to your mobile device during the installation process.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your device.
- Check the details of your Wi-Fi network
You will need to write down the following:
- the first 3 numbers (or set of digits) of the 'IP address' field - in our example : 192.168.0
- all of the numbers in the 'Subnet Mask' field - in our example : 255.255.255.0
- all of the numbers in the 'Router' field - in our example : 192.168.0.1
- Go back to the app to start the installation process.
- Select Setup another network instead of Quick setup.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks.
- Type in your password and then tap Manual configuration.
Fill in these fields with the information you copied from the Wi-Fi settings:
- Paste the first 3 numbers of the IP address and add '250' as the last set of digits.
- Paste all the numbers from the 'Subnet Mask' in the 'Netmask' field- Paste all the numbers from the 'Router' field.
- In the 'DNS' field simply enter '220.127.116.11'.
- Tap OK under the password field.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.