The Thermo app for Android also needs access to:
- The Bluetooth settings so that you can enable or disable the Bluetooth without going to your phone's Settings each time. Bluetooth is used to pair the application with the device.
- The internet to send and receive data from the internet. For example, you need the internet to download new versions of the app.
- Network connections to check the connectivity state of the phone (Wi-Fi, 4G, GPRS).
- Existing accounts on the phone to handle push notifications.
- Wi-Fi connections to display them when installing a Withings device.
- Vibration control (not used).
- Flashlight control (not used).
- Running apps (not used).
It also needs to be able:
- To know when the phone has finished starting up so that it can start in the background and connect to your Withings devices.
- To prevent your phone from sleeping so that you can receive push notifications.
- To test the access to protected storage and modify or delete the contents of the USB storage. This allows the Thermo app to keep images in the cache.