To activate the GPS tracking, you need to launch a distance-based outdoor activity workout session. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Workout menu of your ScanWatch.
- Scroll the side button of the watch to navigate through the activities and select the activity of your choice. Your workout session starts.
- Press and hold the side button until it vibrates to pause or to stop your workout session.
ScanWatch offers GPS tracking for all distance-based outdoor activities such as walking, running, biking, and canoeing.
- ScanWatch needs to be connected via Bluetooth. GPS tracking requires you to enable your location settings of your smartphone.
- GPS tracking will only be possible if the "energy saving" mode is deactivated on your smartphone.
How does GPS tracking work?
GPS tracking means that when running with your smartphone, you will be able to track the route you have covered on a map in the Health Mate app. Also, additional workout metrics such as duration, distance, heart rate, and pace are displayed in real-time during the workout on your watch screen and on your phone.