Note for Withings App Android 6.2.1 and higher users: We're currently addressing an issue with the Play Store that has temporarily affected the call notification on watches. We're working closely with them to bring this feature back as soon as possible. This was also a reason for the delay in our battery drain fix. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these matters quickly.
If you want to get notified on your ScanWatch when you have an incoming call, a text message, or when you receive an email and a calendar event, you can enable the Notifications option.
- Open the Withings App.
- Go to Devices > ScanWatch.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Applications and select the notifications you want to enable.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner to confirm.
You can activate third-party apps notifications on your ScanWatch. To do so, go the Devices > ScanWatch > Notifications. Select Enable Notifications and Applications. Then, select the apps from which you want to receive notifications on your ScanWatch.
Make sure that the Withings App is open in background on your phone and that notifications are enabled on your phone settings.
Note for iOS users:
- You need to have the Withings App open in background and receive one notification before being able to receive all notifications from some third-party apps on your ScanWatch.
- Make sure that notifications are activated on your phone: « Allow Notifications » and « Show in History » (iOS 11 or older versions) or « Notification Center » (starting iOS 12) should be enabled to receive notifications on your watch.
- iOS 13 and higher - If you are not receiving notifications from a specific app, please go to Settings > Notifications and select the app. There is a Show Previews field below the "Options" section. If the parameter is set to Never, you won't be able to receive notifications from the app in the watch. If When unlocked or Always is selected, the notifications will be received even if the phone has a black screen. The Show Previews option is also available in the Notification page of your iPhone general settings.
- Check the list of third-party apps available in the Withings App, and activate the app from which you want to receive notifications.
Note for Android users:
Make sure that the Withings App is activated in the Notification access screen on your phone. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to Parameters.
Tap Notification access in the search bar and select it.
- Under 'Special app access', tap Notification access again.
Enable Notification access for Withings App.
Make sure that "Do not disturb" and/or "silent" mode are not activated on your phone. If they are activated, you may not be able to receive notifications.
Do not disturb mode:
You can choose to activate/deactivate notifications directly on your ScanWatch. To do so, press the side button and scroll to the Settings menu. Press the button to select the Settings menu and scroll to the Do not disturb screen. Press the button so that OFF is displayed on the screen. The notifications have been activated.
If you deactivated the notifications screen on your ScanWatch, you won’t receive notifications anymore on your watch. However, all third-party apps will still be activated in the Withings App.
If you want to reactivate notifications, press the button again so that ON is displayed on the screen.
Irregular heartbeat notifications won’t be deactivated if the Do not disturb mode is on.