This article will help you if you encounter any of the following issues:
- You have trouble finding your ScanWatch via Bluetooth
- Your ScanWatch doesn't restart after the installation
- The setup process fails
- A vertical bar appears on the display of your ScanWatch
- Your watch is in Demo Mode / Your watch cycles through different screens on its own
Note: if the Health Mate app remains on Configuring your watch, please forget the watch from the Bluetooth setting of your phone. Log out of the Health Mate app, delete the app, and reinstall it. Log back in, and attempt to configure the watch again.
Before proceeding with troubleshooting, please make sure that your device is compatible with ScanWatch.
- Make sure your ScanWatch is close enough to your mobile device (1 m/3-4 ft.).
- Make sure your ScanWatch displays SETUP when you press the button.
If it doesn't, try to charge your watch. If your ScanWatch displays the current time instead of SETUP, try to perform a factory reset.
- Disable and re-enable Bluetooth on your mobile device, if necessary.
- Restart your mobile device, if necessary.
If you still encounter this issue, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.
- If ScanWatch has already been paired with your phone, dissociate your devices in the bluetooth settings of your phone. To do so, tap the information button and Forget This Device. Then try the installation process again.
- Android users may have to change the permissions of the app to be able to connect via BLE. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > Health Mate > Permissions and enable Location.
If your ScanWatch doesn't restart after the installation, try to perform a factory reset. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app and select Devices (the small watch icon on the bottom right-hand side of the app). Select ScanWatch from the device list, scroll down and then select Dissociate this product.
- Go to the Settings of your mobile device, select Bluetooth and locate ScanWatch XX in the list of devices. Select the small icon to the right and select the option to Forget the device.
- Press and hold the button on the side of the watch for 5 seconds.
- When on this menu, press the watch button until the screen shows Factory Reset.
- While the watch shows Factory Reset, press and hold the watch button for one second and you will see Reset in 5 clicks.
- Press the button 5 times and the watch will be reset to factory settings. While this occurs, the word Reset will appear on the watch’s display.
- The watch will now restart and show Hello! on its display. Please note that if the watch does not show Hello!, this means that the factory reset was not successful and so it must be performed again.
- You can now reconfigure the watch. Click here if you want to install your ScanWatch again.
If the setup process fails:
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your mobile device.
- Make sure that you don't put the app in background during the installation process.
- Make sure that your mobile device is not asleep during the installation process.
- Keep your ScanWatch close to your mobile device during the installation process.
A vertical bar may appear on the display of your ScanWatch right after the setup. If you encounter this issue, press the side button of your ScanWatch for 15 seconds.
If you encounter these issues, please click here.
If you still encounter issues to install your ScanWatch, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.