An error message appears on the screen of your ScanWatch if your SpO2 measurement is inconclusive. It can be due to different issues:
- Stay still: The watch detected a movement during the measurement.
- Wear your watch: The watch is either not tight enough or not worn.
- X Inconclusive: The watch algorithm has failed to determine a result because the pulsatile signal is too low or unstable.
If an error message appears on your ScanWatch when taking a measurement or if your data seems inaccurate, please make sure that:
- your ScanWatch is correctly positioned and tightened,
- your gesture follows the best practices.
Best practices for watch positioning
- Place your watch on your non-dominant wrist, 1 cm from the wrist bone.
- Make sure that your ScanWatch is not loose on your wrist. Tighten the band until it is snug but comfortable. When the watch moves, your skin should move along with it.
- Wearing the watch closer to the elbow can help you to obtain a better fit.
Best practices for accurate SpO2 measurement
- Make sure to wear the watch at least 3 to 4 minutes before the measurement.
- Rest your arm on a table, with the hand relaxed and in an open position.
- Do not move or speak for the 30 seconds necessary to take the measurement.
- Push lightly on the top of the watch with your other hand to improve the contact between the skin and the watch, making sure that the bottom of the watch remains flush with the skin.
- Low pulsatile signal often occurs when your hands and/or arms are cold. In this case, rubbing the skin that will be in contact with or around the sensor may help.
If you received an inconclusive SpO2 measurement, please follow the guidelines below:
- Ensure that you have completed all of the setup steps in the Health Mate app on your smartphone.
- Rest your arms on a table while you take a recording. Ensure that your palm is open and try to relax your hand.
- If you have low skin perfusion (for instance, due to low temperatures), scrub your wrist at the watch location to increase skin perfusion.
- Make sure that your ScanWatch is not loose on your wrist. Tighten the band until it is snug but comfortable, and ensure that the watch stays in place even when you are moving. Wearing the watch closer to the elbow can help you to obtain a better fit.
- Push slightly on the top of the watch with two fingers to improve the contact between the skin and the watch.
- A flexible strap (silicone or FKM type) helps to better fit your watch around your arms and thus more easily obtain a conclusive result.
- If your SpO2 value is below 95%, we recommend you to take another measurement following the best practices to confirm your result.
- You may have more difficulties to obtain a conclusive SpO2 measurement if you wear a metal or leather wristband.
- You may have more difficulties to obtain a conclusive SpO2 measurement if you have circulatory issues.
If you still encounter issues, please reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.