As part of the heart rate monitoring feature, ScanWatch sends you a notification when your resting heart rate is high or low and when it detects signs of atrial fibrillation*. A resting heart rate is your heart rate when you are in a period of rest; that is, not moving your arm in any consistent motions such as with work, exercise, or other household activities.
To activate and edit the settings of these notifications, perform the following steps:
- Open the Withings App.
- Go to Devices > ScanWatch.
- Scroll down to Health Features and tap High/Low Heart Rate.
- On the next screen, you can select how you will adjust notification thresholds. Notification thresholds are the minimum and maximum heart rate values that determine when you will get a high or low heart rate notification.
You will be given two options:
- Automatic: Withings App will set a minimum and maximum threshold value by default. This automatic threshold is based on your own statistics and behavior within the app. After 30 days of usage, the threshold will automatically adjust to fit your own patterns as you provide more health and activity data to the app.
- Custom: You can manually select minimum and maximum values of your notification threshold.
- If you select Custom threshold, you will then be given the option to choose your low and high heart rate thresholds:
- Tap Low Heart Rate. Edit the threshold at which your heart rate will be considered too low. Tap Done.
- Tap High Heart Rate to edit the threshold at which your heart rate will be considered too high. Tap Done.
- With either of the chosen modes, please make sure that Receive notifications is activated. Simply tap the toggle to activate notifications.
The watch will only send an alert if it detects that you are in a rest period (not to be confused with a sleep period). A rest period requires that you are not walking or moving your arm for at least 10 minutes of any activity, such as cooking, exercising, or cleaning the house for example.
Any slight movement (such as reaching for an object) can 'reset' the rest period.
- High/low heart rate notifications will be disabled when you are asleep, but will be visible on the Withings App.
*Disclaimer: Due to health regulations and clearances, some ScanWatch features may not be available or may not have clinical validation in your region. Learn more.