- Make sure you follow these guidelines when taking a measurement. Failing to do so may lead to inaccurate results or cause the measurements to fail.
- Wrap the cuff around your left arm. The tube should be positioned against your inner arm.
- The stethoscope should be placed so that its flat surface is in contact with your chest. The electrodes should be in contact with the skin of your left arm.
- Place your arm on a table and keep it level with your heart.
- Press the button to start the BPM Core.
The screen displays "START".
- Select "Start x3" (automatic mode) by swiping the light trail on the right part of the screen.
Note: "Start x3" will launch 3 blood pressure measurements in a row.
- Press the button again to start a measurement.
- Please remain still during the measurement process.
- When BPM Core displays the pictogram below, you need to place your hand on the metal tube and the stethoscope against your chest. Adjust your arm position to ensure an accurate measurement.
- At the end of the measurement, select the user by swiping the light trail on the right part of the screen.
- Press the button of BPM Core to validate.
Results are displayed on the screen of BPM Core and sent via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in the Health Mate app. Only the average of the 3 measurements will be displayed in your Timeline. Note that you need to take 5 measurements in order to get your first heart sounds recording.
Note: If you did not place your hand on the metal tube (electrode), BPM Core did not record ECG and stethoscope signal. BPM Core will only display blood pressure readings.
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Go to Devices > BPM Core.
- Tap Measures interval.
Note: Because of a requirement from the Food and Drug Administration, you will need to enable this setting each time you want to use the automatic mode.