Make sure you follow the guidelines below when taking a measurement. Failing to do so may lead to inaccurate results or cause the measurements to fail.
Note: While it was designed and validated for use on the left arm, the BPM Connect can be used on the right arm, if needed. The same positioning guidelines should be followed, regardless of which arm it is being used on.
- Take the measurement in a calm and quiet area.
- Do not speak or move during the measurement.
- If possible take the measurement with the arm uncovered.
Taking a measurement
To take a measurement, perform the following steps:
- Sit down in a comfortable position, legs uncrossed, feet flat or on the floor, arm and back supported. Rest 5 minutes before the measurement.
- Unroll the cuff and place your arm inside it.
The button should be closer to your elbow, and the Withings logo should be closer to your shoulder.
- Tighten the cuff around your arm. The tube should be placed toward the inside of your arm, facing the rib cage, about one inch (2.5 cm) above the bend of your elbow and about one inch (2.5 cm) below the armpit. The cuff should not press against the armpit or the elbow when you are in a position to make the measurement. Make sure the cuff is at heart level.
- Close the cuff at an angle if needed to ensure there are no gaps on the top and bottom. The entire cuff must be in contact with your skin.
- Place your left arm on a table with your palm facing up. Make sure the cuff is not touching the left side of your chest. Your arm should be resting comfortably on the table. Do not speak or move during the measurement.
- Press the button to turn on BPM Connect.
The screen displays BP.
Note: You can select a simple measurement (BP) or triple measurement (BPx3) with a long press on the button.
- Press the button again to start a measurement.
- At the end of the measurement, results are displayed on the screen of BPM Connect. Press the button to validate the measurement.
Select the user and assign the measurement.
By pressing the button once, you can cycle through the list of users to find your name. Keep pressing the button until you find your name and then press and hold the monitor's button to assign the measurement.
- Results are sent via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in the Health Mate app.
Important: If your BPM Connect's firmware is not yet updated to version 1491, the process to select the user and assign the measurement is slightly different. Press the button to select the user and assign the measurement. By pressing and holding the button, you can cycle through the list of users to find your name. Repeat the process of pressing and holding the button until you find your name and then press the monitor's button once to assign the measurement.