1) Why do I need to create an account?
Creating an account is required, so your data can be safely kept. It also allows you to view your data in Withings App on all of your mobiles devices and via Withings Web App. If you contact us while you are logged in, it will allow us to ensure that you are the proper owner of the account. It will also help us identify your issue more efficiently.
2) Why do I get promotional emails from you?
When creating your account, you can choose to receive them or not by ticking the box. If you wish to modify your decision, you can go to Withings App > Settings > Notifications. You can also activate or deactivate them here.
3) I don't want to receive notifications from you. What can I do?
The notifications that we are sending to you can be modified under Withings App > Settings > Notifications. You can also activate or deactivate them here.
You will be able to choose whether you want to receive :
- Weekly reports : Track your weekly stats and long-term trends.
- Motivation notifications : Stay motivated thanks to goal achievement and badge unlocking alerts.
- Feedback : Help us fine-tune our products and services by giving us your feedback.
- News : Stay informed about your products updates and about the Withings ecosystem news.
- Promotional offers : Make the most of special discounts on devices.
- Research Hub : Participate in research to know where you stand and help us improve everyone's health and wellness.
4) How safe is my data?
The data sent from our app and our products to our servers is encrypted. All the emails that we are sending are also secured by using TLS (Transport Layer Security).
5) Why do I need to indicate personal information such as my name, my height and my weight in your app?
Sharing this information is required for the algorithm on Withings App to accurately monitor your health and provide you with relevant insights. Indicating your height and your weight, for example, will make it possible for Withings App to calculate the number of your steps. Providing your full name and email address helps us respect your privacy. If you need to contact us, we will ask for your name and your email address, so we can be certain that the person who emailed or called us is you.
6) What do you do with my personal data?
Be assured that Withings and our partners process your personal data in compliance with the GDPR. The security and protection of your privacy is our highest priority, and your personal data will never be sold on any medium whatsoever without your explicit consent.
7) Why do you ask for my location?
On Android, location is required in order for you to install your Withings devices. If you have a scale, it will automatically use the measurement system used in your country. After setting your device up, you do not need to activate the location anymore. The only time when it is required is if you wish to track your distance while walking or working out, or if you want the weather displayed on your scale.
8) Do you share my personal data with third parties?
The only third parties with whom we share your personal data are our services providers. We chose them for their competences and because they work in compliance with the GDPR. They help us securely and confidentially fulfill our tasks by providing services like parcel delivery or secure data hosting. Apart from those companies, Withings will never share your personal data with any medium whatsoever without your explicit consent. They will never be sold, either, if you do not explicitly consent to it.
9) Why do I need to indicate my weight in your app when creating an account, even though I have bought one of your scales?
In order to recognize you for the first usage of the scale, it is adamant that a starting point is given to the scale. Once you weigh yourself once, the scale will always use the latest weight entered to ensure that you are the correct user.