FAQ Updated: September 2023
Withings has developed a new product that will give you a real handle on your health.
Price and availability
What is Body Scan?
More than a smart scale, Body Scan is the first connected health station. It bridges the gap between access to breakthrough metrics and integrated support from coaches and health professionals.
When and where will Body Scan be available ?Body Scan is available in the EU, UK, and US markets. Please see the product page for more details.
How much does Body Scan cost?
Body Scan will cost 399.95€ in the EU, $399.95 in the USA, and 349.95£ in the UK.
When will the white version of the Body Scan be available?
Body Scan White is available in the EU only on Withings.com as of 10/24/23!
It will become available in the US in early 2024.
Features and functionality
Why is there a handle on the scale?
The handle allows the user to get much more accurate body composition measurements. It also enables segmental body composition for which users get fat & muscle mass of each body part: torso, legs and arms. The handle also contains the electrodes needed to record the 6-lead ECGs.
What's the difference between Body Scan and other Withings smart scales?
Body Scan is our most advanced smart scale to date. With a simple weigh-in, users get access to the largest number of health biomarkers ever seen on a scale.
How does the body composition capability of Body Scan differ from other similar scales?
Contrary to classic body composition scales without handles where the current is flowing only through the lower body, segmental body composition is performed by transmitting a current through the entire body from the hands to the feet.
This technology delivers segmental body composition metrics:
- Fat and muscle mass metrics are provided for each body part independently (torso, arms and legs).
- Body composition metrics (fat, muscle, water and bone mass) are calculated based on the entire body.
What is Nerve Health Score (NHS)?
Nerve Health Score is an EU-only medically-approved metric that gives an indication of your nervous system’s control of sweat gland activity in your feet to help detect and follow-up peripheral autonomic neuropathies. Learn more about NHS here.
What is Electrodermal Activity Score (EDA)?
Electrodermal Activity Score is a US-only wellness metric similar to NHS that gives an indication of your nervous system’s control of sweat gland activity in your feet. Learn more about EDA here.
How many users can Body Scan support?
Body Scan automatically recognizes and tracks up to 8 users independently.
How long is the battery life?
Body Scan boasts a long-life rechargeable battery that lasts up to 1 year per charge.
How does Body Scan charge?
Body Scan is charged using the included USB-C cable.
Can Body Scan be set up for Bluetooth-only operation?
Yes, via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
Does Body Scan integrate a specific mode for athletes? How about for pregnant people?
Body Scan will soon integrate the athlete and pregnancy modes that are available for our other scales. These features will be available shortly after launch.
What is the weight range for the Body Scan?
The Body Scan has a weight range of 5-200 kg (9-440 lbs), with a 50 g (0.1 lbs) graduation.
Is there a maximum or minimum foot size?
There is no maximum or minimum foot size required to use your scale.
Can Body Scan and Withings+ be purchased separately?
Yes, Body Scan and Withings+ can be purchased separately. At checkout, you can subscribe to Withings+ by adding the 3 months gift to your shopping cart. If you don’t do so, you’ll also have the possibility to subscribe later by receiving Withings+ offers via email.
What are the Withings+ special offers available for Body Scan?
For the launch of the Body Scan health station, we offer two introductory subscription plans to the Withings+ service:
- Monthly subscription: 3 free months of Withings+, then 9.95/€/$ or 8.95£ per month (3)
- Annual subscription: 3 free months of Withings+, then 99,5€/$ or 89.5£ per year (4)
The 3-month trial period starts when the Body Scan is installed within the Withings app.†
(1) These introductory offers are not mandatory to use the Body Scan health station. By selecting one of these offers, you agree to conclude a subscription contract with Withings for the Withings+ service with the terms and condition described below. The contract will start upon Body Scan health station installation using the Withings mobile application.
(2) Promotional or introductory offers: we may from time to time offer special promotional offers, plans or subscriptions. Offer eligibility is determined by Withings at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to stop making an offer. It is not possible to combine several promotional offers unless specifically mentioned.
(3) Offer reserved for new Withings+ subscribers only (any person not subscribed to Withings+ service during the last month). Right after the 3-month trial period, the monthly auto-renewal starts and you will be automatically charged 9.95€ (or $9.95/£8.95) per month. You can unsubscribe at any time. See below for cancellation, termination and usage conditions.
(4) Offer reserved for new Withings+ subscribers only (any person not subscribed to Withings+ service during the last month). Right after the 3-month trial period, the annual auto-renewal starts and you will be automatically charged 99.5€ (or $99.5/£89.5) per year. You can unsubscribe at any time. See below for cancellation, termination and usage conditions.