FAQ Updated: June 6, 2023
Withings has developed a new product that will give you a real handle on your health.
Price and availability
What is Body Scan?
More than a smart scale, Body Scan is the first connected health station. It bridges the gap between access to breakthrough metrics and integrated support from coaches and health professionals.
When and where will Body Scan be available ?
Body Scan will be available on withings.com starting December 6th, 2022, only in the European Union and United Kingdom.
If you want to be the first to get notified when EU and UK sales open on December 6th, 2022, sign up to the Keep Me Informed list: withings.com/body-scan
How much does Body Scan cost?
Body Scan will cost 399.95€ in the EU and 349.95£ in the UK.
Why has Body Scan’s price increased from 299.95€?
As with every tech company, we’re impacted by the semiconductor crisis. This has in turn affected the price and availability of the product components in our industry.
Additionally, as Body Scan is reinventing the scale category and bringing home health monitoring to a whole new level, it was important for us that the price clearly reflect the premium sophistication of its unique features and design.
Why is Body Scan currently not available in the US?
The regulatory process and timings for the US differ from the EU. We have not reached the same stage in the US as we have in the EU, so we will not be launching Body Scan in the US for now.
When it comes to health innovation, there are several regulatory processes that need to be followed and clearing the path can take longer than expected. We’re working diligently to obtain a FDA clearance for Body Scan soon so our US customers can enjoy our premium health station as soon as possible.
When will Body Scan be available in retail and/or e-commerce?
Body Scan will be available at our retailer and e-commerce partners (in EU only) by the end of February 2023.
When will the white version of the Body Scan be available?
We are currently working on a white version, but this will not be available until early 2024. Thank you for your patience.
Features and functionality
Why is there a handle on the scale?
The handle allows the user to get much more accurate body composition measurements. It also enables segmental body composition for which users get fat & muscle mass of each body part: torso, legs and arms. The handle also contains the electrodes needed to record the 6-lead ECGs.
What's the difference between Body Scan and other Withings smart scales?
Body Scan is our most advanced smart scale to date. With a simple weigh-in, users get access to the largest number of health biomarkers ever seen on a scale.
Is Body Scan more precise than Body Comp?
For weight monitoring, Body Scan is as precise as Body Comp, with a precision up to 50g (vs 100g for Body+ and Body Cardio).
How does the body composition capability of Body Scan differ from other similar scales?
Contrary to classic body composition scales without handles where the current is flowing only through the lower body, segmental body composition is performed by transmitting a current through the entire body from the hands to the feet.
This technology delivers segmental body composition metrics:
- Fat and muscle mass metrics are provided for each body part independently (torso, arms and legs).
- Body composition metrics (fat, muscle, water and bone mass) are calculated based on the entire body.
Will the 6-Lead ECG be available for launch?
Body Scan supports 6-Lead ECG functionality. The ECG feature will be available following regulatory approval (Medical CE mark) and as such will not be available for launch on December 6, 2022. We will keep you updated on its regulatory approval status.
Why did Nerve Health Score become Electrodermal Activity Score?
Body Scan is currently a wellness product in Europe, and we expect to receive a regulatory approval (medical CE mark) very soon.
As a result, Nerve Health Score is not available yet. It is temporarily replaced by EDA (Electrodermal Activity Score), a strictly wellness metric measuring sweat gland activity in the feet.
How many users can Body Scan support?
Body Scan automatically recognizes and tracks up to 8 users independently.
How long is the battery life?
Body Scan boasts a long-life rechargeable battery that lasts up to 1 year per charge.
How does Body Scan charge?
Body Scan is charged using the included USB-C cable.
Can Body Scan be set up for Bluetooth-only operation?
Yes, via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
What are the requirements for using Body Scan?
Users with pacemakers will not be able to access all features as bioimpedance technology (BIA) is used. For these users, body composition and electrodermal activity assessments will be deactivated.
Does Body Scan integrate a specific mode for athletes? How about for pregnant people?
Body Scan will soon integrate the athlete and pregnancy modes that are available for our other scales. These features will be available shortly after launch.
What is the weight range for the Body Scan?
The Body Scan has a weight range of 5-200 kg (9-440 lbs), with a 50 g (0.1 lbs) graduation.
Can Body Scan and Withings+ be purchased separately?
Yes, Body Scan and Withings+ can be purchased separately. At checkout, you can subscribe to Withings+ by adding the 3 months gift to your shopping cart. If you don’t do so, you’ll also have the possibility to subscribe later by receiving Withings+ offers via email.
What are the Withings+ special offers available for Body Scan?
For the launch of the Body Scan health station, we offer two introductory subscription plans to the Withings+ service:
- Monthly subscription: 3 free months of Withings+, then 9.95€/£ per month (3)
- Annual subscription: 3 free months of Withings+, then 99,5€/£ per year (corresponding to 8,29€/£ per month) (4)
The 3-month trial period starts when the Body Scan is installed within the Withings app.†
Is the Withings+ subscription tied to the scale or my Withings account?
As an introductory offer, Withings+ is tied to the scale, and will start when the device is installed within the app. Anyone with a profile associated with the Body Scan will benefit from the Withings+ services.
Why are there only 3 months of Withings+ offered with Body Scan (as compared to 12 months with Body Comp?)
Body Comp | Withings+ is an introductory bundle offer that we launched in October. As Withings+ was a new service back then, we wanted to offer it to all our next-generation scale users to improve the service experience and get tons of feedback. This introductory offer will soon no longer be available.
Learn more about Withings+ in our FAQ.
(1) These introductory offers are not mandatory to use the Body Scan health station. By selecting one of these offers, you agree to conclude a subscription contract with Withings for the Withings+ service with the terms and condition described below. The contract will start upon Body Scan health station installation using the Withings mobile application.
(2) Promotional or introductory offers: we may from time to time offer special promotional offers, plans or subscriptions. Offer eligibility is determined by Withings at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to stop making an offer. It is not possible to combine several promotional offers unless specifically mentioned.
(3) Offer reserved for new Withings+ subscribers only (any person not subscribed to Withings+ service during the last month). Right after the 3-month trial period, the monthly auto-renewal starts and you will be automatically charged 9.95€ (or $9.95/£9.95) per month. You can unsubscribe at any time. See below for cancellation, termination and usage conditions.
(4) Offer reserved for new Withings+ subscribers only (any person not subscribed to Withings+ service during the last month). Right after the 3-month trial period, the annual auto-renewal starts and you will be automatically charged 99.5€ (or $99.5/£99.5) per year. You can unsubscribe at any time. See below for cancellation, termination and usage conditions.