Note: If your scale is brand new, make sure to pull the tab from the battery compartment on the bottom of your scale. If you are reinstalling your scale, please remove a battery and replace it to reset the scale and start the installation process.
To install your Body Comp scale, please follow these steps:
- Open the Withings App.
- Tap Devices and then the + symbol.
- Tap Scales, then Body Comp.
- Tap Install.
- Press and hold the pairing button on the bottom of the scale for at least three seconds to turn it on.
- The scale screen should show a QR code and the words "Open Withings App” or “Hello SETUP.”
Once the app detects the scale, tap Next.
Note: It may take up to a minute for your scale to be detected by your mobile device.
- You will be asked to pair your scale. Select Pair on the bottom of the screen.
- A Bluetooth Pairing Request window will then pop up in the app and ask you to enter a 6-digit pairing code.
Please check the screen of your Body Comp for the code.
Once you have entered the code in the app, select Pair on the pop-up window.
Select your preferred Wi-Fi network. Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect to install your scale via Wi-Fi.
You can also tap Choose a different network to use another network in range.
If you do not have a Wi-Fi network or prefer to connect your device to only sync via Bluetooth, select I don't have access to Wi-Fi.
Note: For usability and synchronization purposes, Withings recommends Wi-Fi installation.
- Wait again for the final configuration and you're all set!