Withings Pulse - Changing my step goal
To change your daily step goal, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Go to your Profile.
- Look for My goals and touch Daily steps.
- Tap and slide the daily step goal up or down to select the goal you want.
- Tap Save.
The daily step goal only impacts the Health Mate app, not the display of the Withings Pulse™ Ox.
- Sync your Withings Pulse™ Ox.
Withings Pulse - My activity wasn't detected. What should I do?
- You need to run for at least 2 minutes for your running to be detected.
- You need to run somewhat consistently.
If you stop running every other minute, the algorithm won't be able to detect your activity.
Only walking and running are detected at this point.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.
Withings Pulse - My elevation wasn't properly detected. What should I do?
The Withings Pulse™ Ox only counts your elevation gain when:
- You're physically going up, which it detects using changes in barometric pressure
- You're walking (or running) while going up
Therefore no elevation can be counted in case of simulated elevation gains from an incline treadmill, or if you stand still in an elevator or on an escalator.
Withings Pulse - My distance doesn't seem accurate. What should I do?
The distance is calculated using the height, weight, age and gender information that you provided us when you set up your Withings account, as well as the number of steps that you have taken.
If the distance displayed in the app doesn't seem accurate, please check that the height you've entered in your Profile is correct.