Disclaimer: Sleep and Sleep Analyzer are two distinct devices. Sleep measures sleep quality and snoring. The Sleep Analyzer, an enhancement of Sleep that was released in Europe, offers medical-grade sleep apnea detection.
During the installation process for the Sleep Analyzer, you will be given the option to activate sleep apnea detection. If you choose to skip this step and enable sleep apnea detection at a later point, breathing disturbance detection will be enabled by default. Breathing disturbances are still helpful to view trends in your sleeping patterns but do not provide as much detailed data as the medical-grade sleep apnea detection feature.
Activating sleep apnea detection will disable breathing disturbance detection and replace any established breathing disturbance data to allow you to analyze your night in more detail.
To activate the sleep apnea detection, perform the following steps:
- Open the Withings app.
- Go to Devices > Sleep Analyzer.
- Tap Activate sleep apnea.
- Follow the steps indicated on the screen.
- Sleep Analyzer needs to be plugged into a power socket using the provided adapter.
- The latest version of the Withings app is required to activate the sleep apnea feature.
- It is not possible to use both the sleep apnea detection and breathing disturbance detection at the same time.