Make sure you follow the guidelines below when taking a measurement. Failing to do so may lead to inaccurate results or cause the measurements to fail.
- Use BPM Core on the left upper arm.
- Rest 5 minutes before the measurement.
- Sit down in a comfortable position, legs uncrossed, feet flat or on the floor, arm and back supported.
- Do not speak or move during the measurement.
- You can wear one layer of clothes but it should not cover your left arm. Undergarments such as A-shirts ('tank tops’) or bras can also affect the heart sounds signal. The electrodes should be in contact with the skin.
- Take the measurement in a calm and quiet area.
Taking a measurement
To take a measurement, perform the following steps:
- Wrap the cuff around your left arm. The tube should be positioned against your inner arm.
- The stethoscope should be placed so that its flat surface is in contact with your chest. The electrodes should be in contact with the skin of your left arm.
- Place your arm on a table and keep it level with your heart.
- Press the button to start the BPM Core.
The screen displays "START".
- Press the button again to start a measurement.
Note: When you start a measurement, you can also select "Start x3" or "ECG" by swiping the light trail on the right part of the screen. "Start x3" will launch 3 blood pressure measurements in a row. "ECG" will only record your electrocardiogram and stethoscope signal.
- When BPM Core displays the pictogram below, you need to place your hand on the metal tube and the stethoscope against your chest. Adjust your arm position to ensure an accurate measurement.
- At the end of the measurement, select the user by swiping the light trail on the right part of the screen.
- Press the button of BPM Core to validate.
Results are displayed on the screen of BPM Core and sent via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in the Health Mate app. You will initially need 5 successful measurements before receiving the results of your stethoscope recordings.
Note: If you did not place your hand on the metal tube (electrode), BPM Core did not record ECG and stethoscope signal. BPM Core will only display blood pressure readings.