Smart Body Analyzer (WS-50) - My fat mass data seems inaccurate. What should I do?
If your fat mass measurements don't seem accurate, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you step on the scale barefoot.
- Make sure your scale is clean.
Click here for cleaning instructions.
- Make sure you stay still during the measurement.
- Make sure you always weigh yourself around the same time.
Ideally, you should weigh yourself about 30 minutes after you get up, or at least three hours after working out.
- Make sure your profile information such as height, gender and age are entered correctly within the Health Mate® app. To check this, select Profile within the app and then select your name under your profile picture at the top of the screen.
Change your height, gender or age if necessary.
- Make sure you selected the right body type by activating or de-activating the Athlete mode in your profile in the Nokia Health Mate app.
Note that fat mass measurements won't be accurate if you're pregnant. In this case, we advise that you disable fat mass measurements.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.
Smart Body Analyzer (WS-50) - 体重計はどうやって脂肪量を測定してますか？
Smart Body Analyzer (WS-50) - Using the Athlete mode
Why is there an Athlete mode?
For users with a certain body type, our regular algorithm may provide an inaccurate Fat Mass measurement. When Athlete mode is enabled, an alternate algorithm is used to calculate Fat Mass for that user's measurements.
How can I tell if I should use Athlete mode?
If you work out more than 8 hours a week and have a resting heart rate below 60 bpm, you may need to use the Athlete mode.
What effect will enabling Athlete mode have on my Body Composition measurements?
When Athlete mode is enabled, Fat Mass measurement values will be lower and muscle mass measurement values will be higher because the user's athletic body type is taken into account.
To activate the Athlete mode, perform the following steps:
- Health Mate®アプリを開いてください。
- 確定するには、バックボタンをタップしてください。 保存をタップしてください。
You can also activate Athlete mode from the Health Mate Online Dashboard.
- Log into the Health Dashboard web application.
- Click on the Menu icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the user you would like to change to Athlete mode.
- Click the menu option Mode and select Athlete.