Health Mate - Android App - What is the Nutrition widget?
The Nutrition widget, available from your Dashboard, is directly linked to your MyFitnessPal account. It displays:
- your budget for the day
- the amount of calories ingested
- the amount of calories remaining or out of budget
Your budget for the day is calculated as follows:
BMR + Calories earned + Weight loss/gain pace
Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is an estimate of the amount of calories you need at rest so that your body can function.
Your calories earned represent the amount of calories you've burned while working out.
Your weight loss/gain pace determines the amount of calories that you need to remove or add to your diet to reach your weight goal.
The amount of calories ingested is based on the meals you’ve logged in MyFitnessPal. Only meal data coming from MyFitnessPal can be used at this point.
The amount of calories remaining is your calorie budget minus your calorie intake. If this subtract is negative, the amount of calories out of budget is displayed. When that happens, it’s up to you to work out to earn some more calories!
You can also tap the Food widget to display the daily detailed view. In this view, you get the following:
- The amount of calories ingested
- The amount of calories remaining or out of budget
- The breakdown of your budget
- The split by meal of your calorie intake
- The split by macro nutrient of your calorie intake
You also have a weekly view, accessible by tapping the dots in the top right corner and tapping Week. This view displays:
- The comparison of your intake and budget for each day of the week
- The average amount of calories ingested per week
- The average amount of calories remaining or out of budget per week
- The number of days you ingested less calories than your budget allowed
- The weekly split by meal of your calorie intake
- The weekly split by macro nutrient of your calorie intake
Health Mate - Android App - Frequently asked questions about food logging
Can I log my meals directly in the Health Mate app?
No, there is no way to log your meals in the Health Mate app. At this point, only the meals logged in MyFitnessPal can be retrieved by the Health Mate app.
Why are the calories earned different from the active calories displayed in the app?
The active calories displayed in the app include the basal calories that allow your body to function, as well as the extra calories burned by your activity. The calories earned used in the Nutrition widget only include the extra calories burned during your activity.
Why is my activity data not taken into account in the calories earned?
Only activity data coming from the Health Mate app are taken into account in the calories earned for the Nutrition widget. Any activity data coming from a partner app will not be included.
Why are my budget and/or my calories earned different in MyFitnessPal and in the Health Mate app?
You may notice differences between your budget and/or calories earned on MyFitnessPal and on the Health Mate app. This is because MyFitnessPal uses average values, whereas the Health Mate app uses your actual data. You can limit these differences by making sure:
- You have the same weight goal in MyFitnessPal and in the Health Mate app.
- You have selected the same weight loss pace in MyFitnessPal and in the Health Mate app.
- You have selected a sedentary activity level in MyFitnessPal.
- You have entered the same user metrics in MyFitnessPal and the Health Mate app (age, height, weight, gender).
To adjust your weight goal and weight loss pace in the Health Mate app, tap the Weight widget.
To adjust your weight goal, weight loss pace and activity level in MyFitnessPal, open MyFitnessPal, tap Others and tap Goals.
I have logged my meals in MyFitnessPal but the Food widget wasn’t updated. What should I do?
- Browse to www.myfitnesspal.com and make sure that your meals are properly logged there.
If not, it may be that you have network issues on your mobile device and that your data wasn’t synchronized with the MyFitnessPal servers.
If that’s the case, check the network status on your mobile device.
- Try force quitting the Health Mate app and opening it again.