If your fat mass measurements don't seem accurate, perform the following steps:
- Make sure you step on the scale barefoot.
- Make sure your scale is clean.
Click here for cleaning instructions.
- Make sure you stay still during the measurement.
- Make sure you always weigh yourself around the same time.
Ideally, you should weigh yourself about 30 minutes after you get up, or at least three hours after working out.
- Make sure your profile information such as height, gender and age are entered correctly within the Health Mate app. To check this, select Profile within the app and then select your name under your profile picture at the top of the screen.
Change your height, gender or age if necessary.
- Make sure you selected the right body type by activating or de-activating the Athlete mode in your profile in the Health Mate app.
Keep in mind that you may need to weigh-in a couple of times before these changes take affect.
- Body fat measurements may not be accurate if you are pregnant or have a prosthetic limb, as these factors can affect the bioelectrical impedance analysis. In this case, we recommend disabling fat mass measurement.
- If there are multiple users of the scale who have similar weights, please make sure that the correct user is selected upon weigh-in.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.