The time displayed on your ScanWatch is based on the time of your mobile device. ScanWatch can display the time in 12-hour or 24-hour format. To change the time display of watch, go to the Settings of your smartphone before configuring or syncing the ScanWatch with the Health Mate app.
The first thing you should do if the time is incorrect is synchronize your ScanWatch with the Health Mate app so that it can retrieve the correct time. This can be useful if you've recently changed timezones for example. Simply open the app to force the synchronization.
If the time is still incorrect after that, try calibrating your watch to set the correct position of the hands. If you have already tried this or if the issue persists, it can mean one of two things:
- The battery of your watch is running low, in which case you should charge it.
- Wearing your watch too close to the wrist can lead to inopportune pressing on the crown during workouts, leading to a 20-second time lag which will affect the watch hands. This time lag can accumulate over time and lead to larger discrepancies between the digital and analog time displays. In order to avoid this, please make sure that your watch is properly worn at all times.
- There might be a mechanical issue with your ScanWatch, in which case you should contact Customer Service using the Contact us button at the bottom of the page.
Calibrating the hands
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Go to Devices.
- Scroll to your ScanWatch.
- Tap Set the time.
- An automatic initialization of the watch hands occurs.
Tap Yes if the hands are well initialized.
Your watch now displays the right time.
Tap No if the hands are not well initialized.
- Tap Next.
- Set the minute hand to noon by moving the dial and tap Next.
- Set the hour hand to noon by moving the dial and tap Next.
- Set the motion hand to 0% by moving the dial and tap Done.
- Tap Done.