Disclaimer: Due to health regulations and clearances, some ScanWatch features may not be available or may not have clinical validation in your region. Learn more.
To record your ECG, perform the following steps:
- Make sure ScanWatch is snug on the wrist you selected in the Health Mate app. To do so, go to Devices > ScanWatch > More settings > ECG.
- Press the side button of the watch and scroll to the ECG mode. Press the button to select the ECG mode.
- Place your fingers on the bezel (top ring) for 30 seconds. Stay still, don’t move or talk, and relax.
The ECG recording starts after a first vibration. Please remain still during the measurement process. It is better to be seated or to place your arm on your leg, and try not to contract your arm and hand muscles. ScanWatch vibrates twice when the ECG recording is completed.
Important: When recording your ECG, the watch will give you 3 attempts to take a measurement. If the ECG recording fails on the third attempt, the watch will vibrate twice. If you wish to attempt a new ECG recording, you will have to short press the side button on the watch to start again.
- Tap Done.
Note: You have the possibility to share your ECG with your doctor. To do so, tap Share this measurement as a PDF. Click here for more information.
After each measurement, ScanWatch will give you the following metrics: a heart rate, a lead D1 ECG tracing, a rhythm prediction between 3 classes (normal sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, inconclusive).
- You can see your ECG signal in real-time in the Health Mate app.
- If you don't have your phone with you, you can still record an ECG on the go via a simple gesture on the watch. Your results will appear on the watch's display and in the Home screen of the Health Mate app the next time you open it.
- ECG recordings are now available on Health Mate Web.
If you're having issues to record your ECG, click here.