Note for Health Mate Android 5.9 and higher users: If you have downloaded the 5.9 version or higher of Health Mate, you need to re-enable notifications.
If you don't get notifications on your ScanWatch, make sure that the Notifications option is enabled in the Health Mate app. Click here for more information.
ScanWatch can receive notifications for emails, incoming calls, text messages, and calendar events. You can also receive third-party apps notifications directly on your ScanWatch, such as Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
Important information for third-party apps notifications
- Make sure that you turned on Applications and the apps from which you want to receive notifications in the Health Mate app. These steps are mandatory to receive notifications on your ScanWatch.
- Make sure that the Health Mate is always open in the background on your phone. Note that you won’t receive any notifications if you kill the app.
- You need to have the Health Mate app open in the background and receive one notification before being able to receive all notifications from some third-party apps on your ScanWatch.
- Make sure that notifications are activated on your phone: « Allow Notifications » and « Show in History » (iOS 11 or older versions) or « Notification Center » (starting iOS 12) should be enabled to receive notifications on your watch.
- iOS 13 and higher - If you are not receiving notifications from a specific app, please go to Settings > Notifications and select the app. There is a Show Previews field below the "Options" section. If the parameter is set to Never, you won't be able to receive notifications from the app in the watch. If When unlocked or Always is selected, the notifications will be received even if the phone has a black screen. The Show Previews option is also available in the Notification page of your iPhone general settings.
- Check the list of third-party apps available in the Health Mate app, and activate the app from which you want to receive notifications.
- Make sure that notifications for Messages are activated on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Notifications. Select Messages and check if Allow Notifications is turned on.
- During product installation, if you had selected No Notifications, then please ensure that Share System Notifications is now enabled for notifications to work properly.
- Make sure that you turned on Activate Notifications, Applications, and the apps from which you want to receive notifications in the Health Mate app. These steps are mandatory to receive notifications on your ScanWatch.
- Make sure that the Health Mate is always open in background on your phone. Note that you won’t receive any notifications if you kill the app.
- Make sure that "Do not disturb" and/or "silent" mode are not activated on your phone. If they are activated, you may not be able to receive notifications.
Note: Make sure that the Health Mate app is activated in the Notification access screen on your phone. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Go to Parameters.
- Tap Special access in the search bar and select Special app access.
- Under 'Special app access', tap Notification access.
- Enable Notification access for Health Mate.
If you still don't receive notifications, make sure that the Health Mate app has access to certain permissions on your phone. Note that the Health Mate app needs access to these permissions to enable the display of notifications on your ScanWatch.
Reboot and factory reset instructions - iOS and Android users
- Press and hold the button on the watch for 15-20 seconds.
- Continue to hold the button as the watch cycles through the screens, until the screen turns off.
- The screen will turn back on and display "Hello!" when the reboot is complete.
If notifications are still not working properly, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app and select Devices (the small watch icon on the bottom right-hand side of the app). Select the ScanWatch from the device list, scroll down and then select Dissociate this product.
- Go to the Settings of your mobile device, select Bluetooth and locate ScanWatch XX in the list of devices. Select the small icon to the right and select the option to Forget the device.
- Press and hold the button on the side of the watch for 5 seconds. Depending on how your watch was configured, ECG, SpO2, or Workout mode will start after pressing the button for about one second, but continue pressing until a menu appears on the watch's display.
- When on this menu, press the watch button until the screen shows Factory Reset.
- While the watch shows Factory Reset, press and hold the watch button for one second and you will see Reset in 5 clicks.
- Press the button 5 times and the watch will be reset to factory settings. While this occurs, the word Reset will appear on the watch’s display.
- The watch will now restart and show Hello! on its display. Please note that if the watch does not show Hello!, this means that the factory reset was not successful and so it must be performed again.
- You can now reconfigure the watch. Click here if you want to install your ScanWatch again.
If you still encounter issues, reach out to Customer Service by clicking the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page.