Note: With Firmware Release 841, we have introduced an optional Heart Sound Measurement Assistance Mode which can provide real-time feedback for correct positioning. Read about it here.
To record your ECG and stethoscope signal (heart sounds measurements), perform the following steps:
- Make sure you follow the guidelines when taking a measurement.
Click here for more information.
- Push the button to start BPM Core.
- Swipe the light trail on the right part of BPM Core until "ECG" appears on the screen.
- Push the button of the BPM Core to validate and launch the recording.
- Place your hand on the metal and the stethoscope against your chest. Adjust your arm position to ensure an accurate recording.
- At the end of the recording, select the user by swiping the light trail on the right part of the screen.
- Press the button of BPM Core to validate.
Results are displayed on the screen of BPM Core and sent via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in the Withings App. Note that you need to take 5 measurements in order to get your first heart sounds recording.
- You can choose to take a blood pressure measurement using the "Start" mode or recording an ECG using the "ECG" mode. You can switch from one mode to another by pressing the button of BPM Core and swiping the light trail on the right part of BPM Core until “Start” or "ECG" appears on the screen.
Note that if you are using the "ECG" mode, you will not be able to take a blood pressure measurement.
- If you did not place your hand on the metal tube (electrode), BPM Core did not record ECG and stethoscope signal (heart sounds measurements). BPM Core will only record and display blood pressure readings.
- If your heart rate is below 50 bpm ECG recordings will be inconclusive.
- At present, ECG recordings are not available on Withings Web App.