Note: Please be aware that new firmware updates are rolled out incrementally in batches. We ask for your patience as the firmware update reaches your device.
Your BPM Core just got much better! 🥳
New ECG Labels
This latest operating system improves the labels that are used for ECG readings, so you will now be able to better identify why you have inconclusive ECG results in some specific cases.
These inconclusive results can be caused by different factors which will be viewable directly on the BPM Core screen.
Below are all of the different ECG results you can see on your BPM Core's screen:
- NORMAL: ECG signal shows a normal sinus rhythm
- AFIB: ECG signal shows a risk of atrial fibrillation
- INCONCLUSIVE: Inconclusive results
- LOW HR: The heart rate that was obtained cannot be classified as a recording since it is too low. To obtain full analysis, the heart rate must be above 50 bpm during the recording.
- HIGH HR - NO AFIB: The recording does not appear to show any signs of atrial fibrillation, but a complete diagnosis is not possible for a heart rate above 100 bpm. To obtain full analysis, the heart rate must be below 100 bpm during the recording.
- TOO NOISY: There is too much interference for the recording to be successful. Refer to the best practices section to know the right gestures to be adopted and those to be avoided.
Moreover, your ECG and heart sounds measurements will now take 30 seconds (compared to the previous 20 seconds) to collect an improved recording for you and your doctor. This is a recommendation from the following guidelines: 2020 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS)
Heart Sound Measurement Assistance Mode
This new release also features a Heart Sound Measurement Assistance Mode. In case you encounter inconclusive results for your heart sounds analysis, you can enable this feature in the Devices section of the Withings App. For more information on this feature, visit this article.
Note: These updates are only available with the BPM Core firmware version 841, so make sure that both your Withings App and BPM Core are up to date.