Health Mate - Android App - Activity recognition
Your tracker can learn your moves thanks to the latest update of the Health Mate app. You can now manually log over 30 different activities on top of the automatically detected running, walking, and swimming.
Which devices can benefit from this feature?
- Withings Activité / Pop
- Steel HR / Steel HR Sport
- Pulse HR
Note that the Withings Pulse does not support this feature
Which activities are recognized?
For now, your tracker is able to detect and learn these activities:
- Cycling (Steel HR / Steel HR Sport and Pulse HR only)
- Table Tennis
Note that we are working on adding more activity recognition coming soon.
What happens if I do an activity not yet supported by automatic recognition?
No problem, you can still log over 30 additional activities manually. Note that each time you log your moves, you help the algorithm learn to recognize these activities, so that we can bring you more automatic activity recognition in the near future.
Follow the instructions below so that your tracker detects automatically your activity:
- Perform any of the 10 newly supported activities while wearing your activity tracker. You will then see “New activity detected” on your Timeline.
- Save the session, choose which activity it was, and adjust the intensity. It will now appear in your Timeline.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times for each activity. This helps your tracker learn your specific moves, so it can automatically recognize them the next time around.
Set a weekly goal
- Each time you perform a new activity for the first time (whether it’s automatically detected or logged manually), you will see a congratulations screen in the Health Mate app.
- From that screen, you can select ‘Set a goal,’ and set how many days per week you want to perform that activity, so you have some accountability.
- Each time you reach any weekly activity goal, you will see a congratulatory animation in your Timeline.
Health Mate - Android App - 使用 Android 设备跟踪步数
Thanks to the in-app tracking feature, you can track your steps using your Android device if you don't have a Withings tracker. The only condition to use this feature is that you have to be the main user of your account.
To use in-app steps tracking, you must have Google Fit or Samsung Health installed on your Android device (Android 4.0 or higher).
To use the in-app tracking feature, perform the following steps:
Open the Health Mate app.
Go to your Dashboard.
Tap on Activity.
Tap Activate now.
Your mobile device will then start tracking your steps.
You need to log out of the application and then log back in to de-activate the in-app feature.
Health Mate - Android App - Manually adding activities
To add activities to the Health Mate app, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Tap +.
- Tap Activity.
- Tap the activity you want to add.
- Enter the duration, start time and distance (if applicable), and move the Intensity slider to reflect how hard you've exercised.
Our algorithm automatically calculates the number of calories burned based on the intensity you've set and your personal information (gender, height, weight).
- Tap Save.
You can edit activities that you've manually added or activities that were detected (walking, running or swimming). To do so, perform the following steps:
- Open the Health Mate app.
- Tap your activity in the Timeline item.
- Tap Edit.
- Change the details of your session and tap Save to edit your activity, or tap Delete activity to delete it.
At this stage, editing detected running activities won't affect your stride length for your next running sessions. Do note that it will be the case in an upcoming version, allowing you to get more accurate data.